For over 50 years, the International Centre has been offering integrated services to assist newcomers with their settlement and adaptation in Winnipeg. Our services are designed to help newcomers become active participants in Canadian society. All services are free.
Because of funding directives, Settlement Services are provided to the following immigration categories:
Provincial Nominee Clients
Services offered are:
- Assessment and identification of all your settlement needs and providing referrals to both on-site and off-site services.
- Form Assistance: Helping you to apply for Social Insurance Number, Manitoba Health Card, Child Tax Benefit, CRISP, 55+, and Manitoba Housing.
- Orientations providing information on a variety of topics to introduce you to Canadian life and culture, such as Housing, Banking, Transportation, Weather, Shopping, Health, Law in Canada, Education, etc.
- Assistance in completing Immigration forms such as: Permanent Resident Card, Sponsorships Applications, Citizenship Applications, etc.
- Referrals to various agencies and organizations providing settlement support services.
- Supportive counseling, advocacy and links to community resources.